Call for Submissions
This year’s WPaSCBWI conference in Pittsburgh will include a new event to showcase your illustrations. In previous years during the conference break after lunch, writers participated in “First Pages” where the first page of several anonymous stories (randomly chosen) were read aloud in the ballroom and commented on by conference faculty, including editors and agents. This year we will be sliding in “First Looks” between readings, also critiqued by faculty.
- Create three illustrations that are related, preferably sequential. They can be color or black and white. You can illustrate any subject matter as long as it’s kid-related and could be published as such. Show that you can carry characters through a story.
- Save all three illustrations SEPARATELY (we will need three individual files):
- 72 dpi
- No larger than 720 pixels in either direction
- Only three illustrations will be accepted per member.
- Digital files only.
- Conference organizers won’t be scanning, color correcting or sizing anyone’s work, so make sure it looks the way it’s supposed to and save it correctly.
- Email your three files to email@example.com with the subject line "First Looks."
- Only one set of three images are allowed per illustrator.
- Deadline for submissions: November 1, 2012.
- Only conference attendees may submit.
- If your files do not adhere to the above specs, your submission could be rejected.