Call for Submissions
During the break after lunch at this year's WPaSCBWI regional conference on November 9, illustrator members will have the opportunity to show their work to both conference attendees and faculty. Three of your illustrations could be projected in the ballroom with conference faculty—attending editors and agents—commenting their first impressions. Illustrations will be interspersed between readings of First Pages and projected anonymously until time runs out. Also, illustrations will be in queue in the order they are received, so get yours in early!
- Create three illustrations that are related, preferably sequential. They can be color or black and white. You can illustrate any subject matter as long as it’s kid-related and could be published as such. Show that you can carry characters through a story.
- Save all three illustrations SEPARATELY (we will need three individual files):
- 72 dpi
- No larger than 720 pixels in either direction
- Only three illustrations will be accepted per member.
- Digital files only.
- Conference organizers won’t be scanning, color correcting or sizing anyone’s work, so make sure it looks the way it’s supposed to and save it correctly.
- Email your three files to email@example.com with the subject line "First Looks."
- Only one set of three images are allowed per illustrator.
- Deadline for submissions: November 1, 2013.
- Only conference attendees may submit.
- If your files do not adhere to the above specs, your submission could be rejected.